Administrative Support Assistant (Halifax)
Published December 8, 2021
We are seeking an energetic, bright, and adaptable individual to join our team! If you are looking to start your career in legal administration and are keen to learn and grow your knowledge, you may be the right person to fill our Administrative Support Assistant role.
Purpose: The Administrative Support Assistant provides administrative and legal support to the Halifax Litigation and Estate Planning teams. This will include a variety of tasks such as copying, scanning, binding, filing, document and report preparation, etc. From time-to-time, the Administrative Support Assistant may complete overflow work for other departments as well as provide coverage at reception.
Location: Halifax Office – 1801 Hollis Street
Work Schedule: Standard work hours are 34.5 per week. Some flexibility and occasional overtime may be required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Accurate and timely preparation of reports, documentation, and correspondence as assigned
- Assisting with coverage when other Litigation and Estate Planning staff are absent from the office
- Scanning and filing
- Coordinating deliveries and pick-ups
- Assisting with periodic clean up and organization of storage areas
- Providing relief coverage for Reception – breaks, vacation coverage
- Completion of other administrative tasks and projects as assigned
- Successful completion of a paralegal or legal administration diploma is preferred, but transferable skills gained through other training/experience will be considered
- Prior experience in a similar professional work environment would be considered assets
- Keen interest to learn and develop new skills
- Excellent proofreading, spelling, and grammar skills
- Strong keyboarding skills and an affinity to learn new technology
- Energetic, flexible, and willing to pitch in wherever necessary
- Organized, highly detail-oriented, and able to effectively prioritize
- Accurately follows instructions and asks questions to clarify requirements to ensure work is done properly
- Thrives on change and is able to effectively shift priorities with short or no notice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The new Administrative Support Assistant is needed as soon as possible. If you are interested in this dynamic role and meet the requirements of this position, please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patterson Law is an established Nova Scotia law firm with offices in Truro, New Glasgow, Halifax, Bridgewater, and Pictou and with clients whose interests range from global to purely local. Our more than 150 lawyers and staff are dedicated to meeting our clients’ diverse legal needs. We endeavour to maintain the highest standard of service to our clients. This can only be accomplished by employing qualified, educated, and motivated staff.
We are pleased to offer our staff a competitive salary, group insurance coverage, and pension plan membership after a year.
Patterson Law hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to employment equity and welcome diversity. Applications are encouraged from all interested and qualified individuals.
Internal and external candidates will be considered simultaneously for this posting.