Resource Assistant Required
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Resource Assistant will provide legal & administrative support to the Firm, along with providing vacation and relief coverage as needed. A variety of work tasks are completed by the Resource Assistants depending on staff absences and the needs of the Firm. Location:
Downtown Halifax – 1801 Hollis Street Work Schedule:
Standard work hours are 37 hours per week, 8:30-5:00. Some flexibility and occasional overtime may be required. Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Accurate and timely preparation of legal documents and correspondence
- Covering for Legal Assistants during periods of absence
- Providing relief coverage for Reception – breaks, vacation coverage
- Providing relief coverage as needed for support services and deliveries
- Scanning and filing
- Assisting with periodic clean up and organization of storage areas
- Completion of other administrative tasks and projects as assigned
- Successful completion of Paralegal diploma or equivalent
- Excellent proofreading, spelling, and grammar skills
- Strong keyboarding skills and an affinity to learn new technology
- Energetic, flexible, and willing to pitch in wherever necessary ·
- Organized, highly detail-oriented, and able to effectively prioritize
- Accurately follows instructions and asks questions to clarify requirements & ensure work is done properly
- Thrives on change and is able to effectively shift priorities with short or no notice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Transcription experience is a definite asset
- Prior Reception experience and experience in a similar professional work environment would be considered assets
If you are interested in this dynamic role and meet the requirements of this position, please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. About Us
Patterson Law is an established Nova Scotia law firm with offices in Truro, Halifax, New Glasgow and Bridgewater and with clients whose interests range from global to purely local. Our more than 140 lawyers and staff are dedicated to meeting our clients’ diverse legal needs.
We endeavour to maintain the highest standard of service to our clients. This can only be accomplished by employing qualified, educated and motivated staff. We are pleased to offer our staff a competitive salary, group insurance coverage, and pension plan membership after a year.
Patterson Law hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to employment equity and welcome diversity.
Applications are encouraged from all interested and qualified individuals. Internal and external candidates will be considered simultaneously for this posting.