Corporate/Commercial/Tax Associate Required
Patterson Law is an established Nova Scotia law firm with offices in Truro, New Glasgow and Halifax and with clients whose interests range from global to purely local. Our more than 130 lawyers and staff are dedicated to meeting our clients’ diverse legal needs. We endeavour to maintain the highest standard of service to our clients. This can only be accomplished by employing qualified, educated and motivated staff.
We are seeking an experienced Associate Lawyer to join the Corporate/Commercial/Tax Group at our 10 Church Street office in downtown Truro to provide service to our clients in central Nova Scotia.
The successful candidate will have experience managing corporate/commercial/tax law files, including assisting clients with varied commercial/ corporate/tax needs.
The Lawyer will focus on developing a strong client base and delivering high quality legal services both independently and under the direction of more senior legal professionals, including but not limited to:
- Corporate Restructuring
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Divestitures and Spin-offs
- Estate planning and Succession
- Must be a member in good standing of a provincial bar and eligible for membership in the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society.
- Applications from candidates with any level of experience are welcome.
- Strong communication and advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and attract new clients
- Strong work ethic with a professional and positive interest in their work
Our Associates work in a challenging and rewarding work environment that is motivating and supportive of their long-term goals. Associates are provided with solid mentoring and support for their professional growth and success at our firm.
If you are interested and meet the requirements of this position, please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patterson Law hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to employment equity and welcome diversity. Applications are encouraged from all interested and qualified individuals.